This position is responsible for providing administrative and logistics support to Clinical Operations Care Managers in the execution of care planning and coordination of care and services associated with person-centered care plans for the Medicaid, Medicare, and Whole Health markets.
This is an unlicensed member of the care team. Enables community research and education for members in care management, along with supporting member engagement with their primary care and other sources of support. Works with licensed Care Managers to meet standards of care and performance set by the Member Market Leads and Care Management Center of Operational Excellence Lead.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
- Understanding of health plan benefit structures, psychiatric/medical terminology, call center terminology and operations.
- Ability to successfully engage, motivate, and communicate with members, team supports, and critical stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivational Interviewing Certification.
- Administrative Task experience / proficiency.
- Computer Software Skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Experience with Care Management flows.
What you should have:
- Work Experience: Clinical, Social Work
- EducationAssociates: Healthcare, Associates: Nursing, Bachelors: Social Work, GED (Required), High School (Required)
- License and Certifications – Required
- License and Certifications – Preferred