World’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the drafting of copy across various platforms based on the needs of marketing, development, and creative
- Check the work of internal and external communications for any grammatical errors or typos, ensuring we are always putting out only the highest quality work and match the overall brand tone
- Work with our emerging production team to draft scripts for long-form and short-form content
- Assist our Email Marketing team in executing segmented campaigns with personalized copy that meet the needs of our donors
- Work with our events team in drafting the scripts of any of our live shows
- Collaborate with our People Ops teams for the drafting of internal communications to staff, including remarks from our CEO
- Work with our crisis services, public training, and marketing teams to create educational resources, such as handbooks and guides, as well as social-first promotional copy for each resource
- Find creative ways to develop our brand voice, work with our data analysts to identify what is/isn’t working well, and iterate on what can be improved upon
What you should have:
- Creative. Your friends think of you as an amazing storyteller, you’re able to captivate folks with your words.
- Succinct and Detail-oriented. You know how to boil a narrative into a short headline or soundbite without any grammatical errors or typos.
- Culturally Attuned. You are hyper-aware, and always willing to learn more about the sensitive nature of our work and how to speak about it in a way that makes folks feel like they’re being respected and seen, and not exploited.
- Strategic. You understand the nuances of e-mail versus SEO, social copy versus a script for a long-form video, and use that expertise to always produce work that takes those differences into consideration.
- Goal-oriented. You set aggressive goals that are achievable, then focus on exceeding them.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.