We are looking for problem solving, tech-savvy, adept communicators to be our Customer Support Associate. You will be responsible for directly supporting our customers at all points in their Section4 journey — pre-purchase, in-sprint, as alumni/members, and beyond. You’ll become an expert on Section4 products and ensure that our customers get the most out of their experience by empathizing with them, identifying solutions, and collaborating with internal teams to remove friction.
What you’ll do:
- Dig into problems and provide timely, accurate, and personalized solutions to Section4 customers via email, Slack, and occasionally phone or screen share.
- Develop expertise in our sprint products and platforms (i.e. Freshdesk, WordPress, ActiveCampaign, Slack, Eventbrite) and troubleshoot a diverse range of customer issues.
- Attend and introduce yourself in large orientation meetings with students.
- Identify and surface trends and process improvements with the product delivery team.
- Reproduce and document bugs, act as the voice of the customer to internal teams to seek resolutions.
- Maintain and update our learning resources, frequently asked questions, and knowledge base to memorialize common issues and improve the accuracy and speed of the support we provide to customers.
- Work with your teammate to provide support to customers on weekends and holidays. (Very light support that is currently a morning and evening check-in but could change in the future.)
What you should have:
- You have 1+ years of experience in a SaaS customer support/service role or have helped resolve customer issues (i.e., working at a help desk) including software issues and company processes concerns.
- You have experience using ticketing software like Zendesk, Salesforce ServiceCloud or Freshdesk.
- You have experience learning your role and excelling in teams that are in its early stages and do not have written processes or formal training yet.
- You have a track record of helping train coworkers, build process documentation or own other team-building activities.
- You are an articulate communicator, especially in the written English language, and enjoy crafting clear messages to customers.
- You enjoy diagnosing customer issues quickly and are motivated to find and offer solutions to suit their needs, even ones you haven’t heard before.
- You have a great sense for when to be proactive and take action and when to escalate and wait for direction.
- You have connected with people from different backgrounds and are eager and patient in explaining solutions to customers at all levels of technical proficiency.
- You don’t mind jumping on the phone or on a video call to make sure a customer’s needs are met.
- You are highly organized, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- You are passionate about social impact and our mission to make elite business education more accessible and affordable; experience in EdTech is an added bonus.
- You can work a 6am-3pm or 7am-4pm ET shift after training. Training will consist of several weeks working a 9am-6pm ET shift.