The ideal candidate is highly experienced in leading financial organizations, able to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing and assisting
in the day-to-day financial activities of the organization in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established. Successful candidates must also set goals and objectives, define and manage revenue recognition and pricing methodologies, and lead employees while implementing the company’s policies and regulations.
What you’ll do:
- Lead all accounting functions by defining and ensuring implementation and adherence to financial and accounting processes, procedures and workflows to ensure compliance with GAAP, fiduciary requirements, and internal controls.
- Define and manage revenue recognition policy and approve booked revenue during monthly and yearly close processes
- Define Pricing Methodologies across the organization and approve discrete pricing approaches for all service offerings
- Key check and balance to organization in definition, measure and reporting of key KPI’s that drive financial performance
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Executive Team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns
- Oversee all business insurance coverage
- Support CFO with respect to partnerships, developing alternative financial structures and M&A activities
- Act as lead implementation of all treasury activities with banks and brokerage partners
- Recommend treasury strategies to CFO
- Act as financial fiduciary for corporate activities, such as 401K, ESOP and other financially based benefit programs
- Service as leader to all Accounting and Finance functional areas and as liaison to other peers within the Leadership Team
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operations models, and operational execution
- Set quarterly goals and evaluation performance for Finance Manager and Controller
What you should have:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Accounting, with progressively increasing responsibilities preferred;
- A bachelor’s or graduate degree/certification in Finance/Accounting or equivalent experience required; CPA/MBA preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Finance and Treasury;
- Experience leading and supporting remote and diverse teams with competing priorities;
- Ability to move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant details.
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to convey technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Recent experience in in a SaaS, product, or professional services environment, experience with Salesforce preferred;
- Experience in financial reporting and financial systems (i.e. QuickBooks);
- Ability to foster collaboration and successfully interact internally across departments and positions, and externally with clients and stakeholders.