Looking for a motivated, passionate and self-directed person to support our Executive Director, Leadership Team, the Board of Directors, and overall organizational function. The ability to interact with staff at all levels—while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient—is essential. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial. The ideal candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Attentiveness to detail and strong project and time management abilities are important.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and coordinate the ED’s extremely active calendar of appointments in alignment with established priorities, serving as both “gatekeeper” and “gateway” to create win-win situations for direct access to the ED’s time and office;
- Manage an extremely active inbox in collaboration with the ED, synthesize content, draft or answer correspondence when appropriate, and ensure timely follow up;
- Complete expense reports and other administrative responsibilities as needed to support the overall success of the Executive team;
- Manage end-to-end travel processes, including arranging strategic meetings, providing appropriate briefings, setting itineraries, and managing expenses;
- Attend meetings when requested to collect agenda items, take notes, and produce minutes, as needed;
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, discreetly with kindness and respect, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Contribute to special projects as requested and assist in various aspects of RAN’s work as requested by the ED with precision and the utmost respect for confidentiality.
- Maintain broad up-to-date knowledge of RAN’s work and progress across campaigns, provide real time support as needed while ED is traveling, in meetings, or for time-sensitive updates and communications;
- Collaborate with the Development and Communications teams to ensure seamless coordination of: Executive fundraising efforts, including drafting outreach and brief materials, identifying opportunities for cultivation, supporting special events, public speaking events, general support of the foundations team, and other responsibilities that contribute to RAN’s overall success.
What you should have:
- 3 years direct experience assisting a high-level executive, ideally in a fast-paced non-profit environment;
- Impeccable administrative skills – drafting correspondence, managing email, scheduling, record keeping, etc.;
- Reliable and efficient follow-through and task management;
- Highly organized, able to plan, prioritize and multi-task;
- Strong writing skills that allow for drafting of materials tailored to a wide range of audiences;
- Excellent judgement, ability to adhere to confidentiality as needed, and strong emotional intelligence to facilitate relationship building with staff, senior management, the Board, RAN supporters, and allies.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.